Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multiple UCs on a page

On my page I have two User Controls. One, UC1, has a DropDownList. The other one, UC2, is a list that gets data from a SqlDataSource (datasourcetype=strored procedure), by Repeater.

Whenever the ddl in UC1 is changed, it triggers a function that puts a log record into the database from which UC2 gets the data.

I need the new log record to appear immediately after the selected index of ddl is changed, but it only appears after I refresh the page.

I can't create any triggers for the UpdatePanel of UC1, because the controls are in different UCs.

I tried to use delegates and events, but unsuccessful. My knowledge in that area is limited.

You should be able to use triggers for the update panel even though they are different controls.
Can you post your code?
You can also just refresh the page in code...


Make sure they are both in updatepanels, and set both toUpdateMode="Always". Then, when one updates, the other automatically updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment