Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multiple UpdatePanel on page Issue. Please Help

Cannot unregister UpdatePanel with ID XXX since it was not registered with the ScriptManager.This might occur if the UpdatePanel was removed from the control tree and latter added again

Help me guyz. i am getting this error, and i wonder y.

let me explain you my scenario

-

i have a wizard control and on its steps; i have dropped a script manager + 2 update panels. the update panels contain user controls (.ascx pages). the user controls are simple gridviews with some business logic binded to them.

when i start my applicaiton, the page opens, and a big error is displayed, as above.

kindly update me on this issue. wiating for your reply

Regards

- mbakhan

try pulling the script manager out of the wizard step, and put it at the top of the page (before all other controls but keep it inside the <form runat="server"> tag.).

Let me know if that helps.

-Alan


Hi Alan, thanks for the reply,

but still keep it coming, need help Urgent

well i have tried this. but it wont help.

my page has a master page on it, so my scriptmanager is just under the asp:content tag, it still wont help.

i will try to put it on the master page.


If putting it in the masterpage doesnot work, then post your code, because I have a similar situation on a page that works fine.

-Alan


well when i make the display of sidebar false of the wizard control, i get this error.

without that it seems to work fine.

any suggestions for this.

i will make a test page of this scenario and send it to you. where shuld i email you ?

- Bassam


I guess I need a clerification of what you have on your page. You have a wizard with 2 steps with an updatepanel in each step? And you have moved the update panel to the masterpage? Let me know if I got it wrong, because I am going to try and get my page to die the way your does :).

-Alan


Hi there

well i am getting the same error which you have discussed about, and i am not able to understand what / how to get a fix round of it. :(

my scenario is that i have a user control, UC1. i will drop it in an UpdatePanel UP1 on a wizard control WC1 step page, on the Main .aspx page. like

WC1 contains UP1; UP1 contains UC1,

Now the interesting part is that i use this wizard as a multipurpose navigation system; (Editing some values and i the wizard sidebar display enabled, second for adding some values where the sidebar display disabled.) . When the sidebar display is disabled, i get this error...otherwise it works fine. i have tried almost all the clues in the book..but nothing seems to wrk that well..or maybe i am not that near..:(...just help me in it.

i have the script manager declared rite under the form tag on the master page, and all seems good / smooth to me, but still I WILL GET THIS ERROR :(.

please help me over this error. Waiting for your reply. [I hope this completely explains my scenario]

- Bassam

No comments:

Post a Comment