Monday, March 26, 2012

My completed project that has a GridView. How to "just add" Ajax?

Hi, I have a completed project, no changes need to be made, no modifications need to be done. Many modules contain GridViews and I notice the delay when posting back each time an item is selected. How can I adjust project to enable Ajax when selecting an item in the GridView?

Notice the emphasis I have put in that my project is "completed", my point is this, imagine the average programmer, working as a consultant, the boss behind each second checking up "recent updates", also studying so work hours have to be "work hours", in other words, no time to Google Ajax or buy Ajax for Dummies, get 2 weekends and start learning it from scratch, I am not saying I will not have the time ever, I will (I hope :p) but honestly, I need a way to work this out first, If I have to learn Ajax then I will learn Ajax enabling it in my gridviews.Yes

I think you'll enjoy this video:

Video - Developing ASP.NET 2.0 Applications using AJAX

by Scott Guthrie, General Manager, .NET Development Platform

One of the great features about ASP.NET AJAX is how easy it is to take an existing application and add rich client-side behavior to it using AJAX . In this video demonstration, Scott Guthrie creates a ToDo List application with ASP.NET 2.0 and then adds AJAX capabilities to it, using a preview "Atlas" release of ASP.NET AJAX .
(The video length is 18 minutes)

Watch this video


Thanks, and for those that does not know is this simple:

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true"/
<atlas:UpdatePanel runat="server" ID="UpdatePanel1" Mode="Conditional">
<ContentTemplate>

Add here controls and all will magically happen!!Big SmileBig Smile

</ContentTemplate>
</atlas:UpdatePanel>
</form>

No comments:

Post a Comment