Saturday, March 24, 2012

My only AJAXified page is flashing when it loads

AJAX Programmers,
I have finally deployed a cascading drop down control from the ajax control tool kit to my live site. Right now it is the only ajax control on my newly ajaxified site, but I can't help but notice that this is the only page that flashes when it loads. Seewww.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=SponsorSearch for an example of this. Does this seem normal to you who are experience ajax programmers? I'm getting ready to apply some other ajax contols, but I fear those persons overseeing this site may frown upon this flashing effect. Does it seem like I may be doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Jenny

If you could post some of the code for the page it might help in identifying if there is some change that needs to take place or if it is an issue with AJAX.NET

What seems to be happening is that the flash occurs because the background is loaded first and then the page content vice on your other pages the content will get loaded and then the background will get populated.


I've seen your drop down control and it seems fine.
The control disables when it's data is being refreshed and this is what makes
the "flashing" effect. The page itself, however, is not reloaded.

If you want to assure your customers you may display your page with Firefox using FireBug
extension. The firebug console clears itself whenever the page is being replaced or reloaded
and you can tel for sure that the page does not refresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment