Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Multiple updatepanels and updateprogress

Hi,

I have created two updatepanels with a button and a label in each panel. Both panels are associated to a updateprogress. When I click the button I simle add datetime.now to the label. I also use thread.sleep for some seconds. This is a basic asp.net ajax example. But my question is: when I click the first button and thereafter click the second button when the first one is at sleep. In this case the second updateprogress starts working and I get the date in the second label. How can I manage to implement two asynchronous calls at the same time? i.e. I want to press both buttons and get two dates in each label.

You can't execute two partial postbacks simultaneously.

In InitializeRequest, you can use PageRequestManager.get_isInAsyncPostBack() to test for an already running partial postback and respond accordingly.


Ok, thank you. My question is answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment