Saturday, March 24, 2012

Navigating from Atlas-page to Atlas-page problem

I have a problem with navigating from one Atlas-enabled page to another using linkbuttons. When Page 1, an Atlas page, is loaded in the browser and I click the linkbutton to go to Page 2, also Atlas-enabled, the browswer hangs.

Is there an easy answer? I will go into more detail now in case there is not.

I have worked through the Walkthroughs at ATLAS.ASP.NET (Basic, Declarative, AutoComplete, DataBinding) with no problems. Great! So I got smart and created a masterpage and content pages, recreating each walkthrough. The masterpage contains the javascript functions (in the SCRIPT tag) and the Atlas:ScriptManager, along with 4 linkbuttons for navigating between the various walkthroughs. So far no problem. I can launch the app (it starts with a default.aspx) and click any of the linkbuttons to go to whichever demo.

HOWEVER, once I am on a demo page, clicking one of the linkbuttons to go to a different demo causes the browser to hang. I can get to the next demo only by clicking Refresh, and then Retry on the popup resubmit dialog, OR by clicking Back on the browser to get to Default.aspx (a non-Atlas page), where I am free to click on the linkbutton for any of the 4 demos.

Would seeing code help? Is this some kind of conflict between postback behavior and callback behavior? Please let me know. Thanks for any comments!

hello.

how are you navigating between the pages? are the link buttons places inside updatepanels?


Thanks for replying. I discovered it was my security software that was blocking some functionality. I don't know what it could be blocking, but it has the same effect when I use Login controls, the Website Admin Tool, and I am sure some others I haven't discovered yet. The effect is that if I forget to turn down the level of protection, the firewall blocks whatever traffic is essential for those controls to work. Anyway, after I sent off my post, I remembered my past problems, turned off the firewall, and presto! things started working.

The linkbuttons were simply placed in a DIV tag on the masterpage so that I could move easily between the Atlas demos, along with the javascript for the walkthroughs. The particular walkthroughs I worked on did not use update panels, so I haven't used them yet.

Thanks again..

No comments:

Post a Comment