Saturday, March 24, 2012

Need a double check on my options

I am not familiar with client side scripting.

My situation involves dynamic validation and masking of an asp.net textbox.

From reading articles and knowing what I think I know about server control, the only way to accomplish this is by using a client side raw javascript or using the new atlas clientside scripting functionality.

Just for verification, It is not possible to do it with just a server control, right?

Thanks for any input...

You could do it server-side but it would be an unberably bad user-experience. Any field masking should happen client side, and validation should happen on client and server side.

You usually do validation client sideand server side.

Masking involves the use of javascript. You need javascript to add and control the mask on the input element.

By the way, I am using the prototype version of MaskEdit control. It's included in the source code of Atlas Control Tookit.

It's very nice!

Cheers,

Leo


I will try the new control, thanx for the info.

One last question,

This is for a telephone number. I want to be able to mask on the insert template and display on the item template with the format (000) 000-0000.

The question is would you store it in the db as a nchar with formatting or as an integer and add and remove formatting on the server side?

Jamy

No comments:

Post a Comment