Sunday, March 11, 2012

Need to pass credentials through javascript calls of web services

does anyone not know what i'm talking about? I want to make sure that people who turn off cookies for some reason be able to use my web app. My web app calls webservices through javascript with this syntax Namespace.WebserviceASMX.WebserviceMethod(callback). When I use Cookieless authentication, I get an authentication exception. How do I get around this?

I cant sleep, so I trawled the web for you...

http://weblogs.asp.net/christoc/archive/2006/01/31/437000.aspx <-- Doesnt help much, but maybe you have only configured the cookieless formsauthentication, and not cookieless sessions?

Searching google for, "cookieless sessions and cookieless forms authentication" brings back quite a lot, although I couldnt find anything so relevant.

Sorry to not be very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment