Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Need help with CalendarExtender Control

Hi,

I'm a beginner to ASP.NET AJAX and ASP.NET itself. I have a calendar extender for a textbox and it works fine until I click the 'Submit' button in my form. Apparently in the UI the date will show but when I do an insert to my database by using the Convert.ToDateTime function first, I get thrown an exception where it says:

'The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Tehre is a unknown word starting at index 0'

I would like to get some help to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

HI, probably your date format is not correct, the calendar extender format should be the same that the database format check that both formats be mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss.


Hi, apparently something was wrong with the AJAX calendar extender. I didn't realise it until I deleted it and created a new one.

Thanks for the help anyway!Smile

Cheers,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment